Although Facebook is the world’s most popular social network, other platforms have been gaining more and more steam within the past few years, Instagram being one of them. Crazy enough, Instagram has over 200 million active monthly accounts and gives brands the ability to reach an engaged audience, deliver messages in a visual experience, and post creative content daily for its users, deeming very effective for many industries. If your business has not already jumped on the Instagram bandwagon, then this might be something for you to look into. How can you utilize Instagram to market your business?
- Use Hashtags and the location setting. Hashtags (#) are important because they allow you to grow and connect with your followers. Consider using hastags that are trending, brand and industry specific, and refrain from over using too many hashtags in one particular post. Also, include the location of your photo or video when you post it, because it helps to tell the story of your image and also tag followers in your posts to help reach a broader audience.
- Engage with your audience. Do your best to respond to comments you get on your phots and also consider following some of your loyal followers who engage with your posts the most.
- Contests and Giveaways. One of the best ways to build engagement and grow your follower base is to do a contest and/or giveaways. (If you need contest ideas, ask JenRus Freelance!)
- Make an Instagram Video. Instagram gives you the ability to record 15-second videos. Videos are a great way to engage your followers, because videos are new and interesting. You can post videos of new products, a company event, fun behind the scenes, and so much more.
What can I post on Instagram?
The best thing to do is put yourself in the shoes of your target audience and ask yourself what you think they would like to see from your business. Anything entertaining or interesting will capture your followers eyes. Consider posting things like:
- Things associated with the lifestyle of your product or service. For instance, if you are a fitness gym, consider posting nutrition tips.
- Social, business or community events
- Sales, specials, promotions
- Your products and services
- Feature your followers wearing or using your product
- Contests and giveaways
Your customers want a personal experience with your brand and like to see engagement from who they follow. Before you start posting, take the time to create high-quality content. Work to make product images and videos that are pleasing to the eye and interesting. If this is something you need assistance with, contact JenRus Freelance. We can help setup, manage and create high-quality content for your business’ Instagram account. Now is the perfect time to start growing your business!Google+